Illustrator Homework 2

 

    You need to be in a state of play in order to create. Being in a state of play means that you allow the subconscious to take over and you can free associate. This basically means that you stop over thinking or thinking at all. You let your thoughts flow through your head. Once you have achieved this, your creativity will flow a lot easier and you will be able to get out of your own head.

    Your best ideas do not come from working at your desk. You need to get up and move around in order to get your creativity flowing. Ideas come all kinds of ways. Paula gets all her ideas from the physical world, New York in particular. She says in the documentary that she cannot leave the city for too long or she'll "lose all of her ideas". I get my best ideas when I am talking with other people. It helps me get out go my own head. 

    I like to create stories. I keep a journal and I love writing in it all the time. Sometimes I write about myself, but other times I like to write about things that I have made up. My favorite graphic design work from Paula Scher is "anti-sanitarium". I like it so much because she made it for the mental health coalition, and its purpose is to destigmatize mental health. 


Pentagram's Paula Scher reveals powerful “anti-sanitarium” identity for the  Mental Health Coalition


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Somewhere

Postcard

Calligram Project